Frequently Asked Questions About Spray Tanning
What is a custom spray tan?
Airbrushing is a form of spray tanning that produces a quick and natural-looking tan. Unlike booth tanners, airbrushing is customized to your specific skin complexion. Each mix contains a safe bronzing agent that, when applied, leaves your skin immediately darker than before. A custom spray tan offers better precision and flexibility to give your skin a smooth flawless finish.
What is in your airbrush solution?
Our solution is 100% organic and can be safely used around pets and children. The solution contains three bronzers: Cosmetic, DHA, and erythrulose. Those ingredients work together to give you a long-lasting “just off the beach” color. The solution also contains an aloe vera based product to moisturize and rejuvenate your skin. Best of all our solution is iodine free, which means you won’t ever look orange!
I scheduled my appointment. Now what?
Please click to download the Sunless Tanning Consent Form prior to your first appointment. We will call to confirm at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment. If you need to reschedule your appointment for any reason, please call us at 919.473.6133 or email email@example.com.
What will happen when you arrive?
Upon arrival, I will review the tanning process and gauge your skin type to develop a custom plan for you. Finally, we will set up our 4’x4′ spray tent that will protect your belongings and get to work!
How do you perform spray tans?
Most sessions begin with the head and work down to the rest of the body. Your technician will walk you through the process and will ask you to move your arms and legs in various positions to ensure an even and natural-looking tan.
How dark will I be?
Before we begin, we will discuss the level of darkness you desire. Remember, results are instant but your color will become darker as it soaks into your skin.
How do I prepare for my spray tan session?
– Wear a bathing suit or underwear. Our solution is water soluble so you will not need to worry about stains.We do allow customers to go topless to prevent tan lines if they desire, but we do not perform nude sessions.
– Exfoliate before your session to remove dead skin cells. This will allow the solution to absorb deeply into the skin and give you that brilliant golden color for longer.
– After the session, wear dark, loose-fitting clothing.
– Shave or wax roughly 12 – 24 hours before your appointment. Shaving or waxing after a spray tan can remove some of the color along with the hair.
– Apply lotions, perfumes, makeup, or deodorant less than 12 hours before your session. These can block the absorption of the tan and lead to an uneven color.
– Bathe for the next 6 – 8 hours after your session. Your skin needs time to absorb the solution.